11 April 2020

Author Interview: Amit Singh



About the Book:


‘Together Never Forever’ is the debut novel by Amit Singh.  In his own words, he described the story as “Gyan and Amanshikha are two strangers brought together by the quirk of fate in strange circumstances. They have many obstacles to clear before they reach their destination. The challenges are many, but the answer is only one- UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.” 

The story revolves around Gyan and his never-ending search for true love. He finally found the person he was looking for so long and his journey afterward…

Purchase Links: Amazon India


Author Interview: 

When do you decide to be a writer?

I don't know exactly when because I did not put much heed to my writing at the beginning, I don't even remember when I ascertain I will write for others. I wrote for myself, I wrote to be happy, I wrote to experience the world and my life with a different perspective; I wrote to let my mind wander to experience the beauty of life.

My thoughts were immersed in the concept of a girl who hails from a conservative part of the world and her family; it was first of its kind exposer to my mind, so I wished to convert my concept into a story. I started penning it down in my diary and the words start taking shape of a story, and when the story was almost 50% complete and I had the overview of the story in mind, at that point in time the thought appeared in my mind to publish it. 

What are the ambitions of your writing career?

To be a better human being, my writing helps me understand my feelings and my thoughts in the manner I have never experienced before. I wish to make this world a better place to live through my tool of writing. I wish my writing apt people towards introspection to gain a better understanding of their own life. In both of my works, “Together Never Forever” which is available on kindle and “Life.... the way it is” which is in finding the publishing process you will find a deeper knowledge. 

In “Together Never Forever” there is perpetual love without any expectations and in, “Life..... the way it is” you find deeper experiences of life.  

Give us insight into your main character. And what does he do that is special? 

Gyan is a regular next door guy. He is a writer and philanthropist by passion. He wanted to give back to the world. He believed every human has some birth rights such as education, better living and to add to it compassion. Gyan personally is fighting his demons with his positive mindset through his Guru’s teaching and meditation. He believes love is eternal and love is directly connected to God because love touches the soul of our existence, and the soul belongs to God, therefore love is the purest form of expression he has. After an MBA he was working in an organization as a credit assistant manager, but the writing was something which always pushed him towards getting free of a job and routine and focus entirely on writing, which he did after he published his first book. 

Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?

No, I do not have a special time to write, I write when I feel to write or when ideas haste into my mind. When ideas took some shape in my mind I try to note it down either in the notes of my phone or in any piece of paper because many times I lost tread of those ideas. My days are not structured for writing, writing happens to me as my life happened to me.

Where does the idea come from?

From everywhere, books, people, situation, life, experiences, movies, web series. I believe ideas are floating in the air around us we just need to pay close attention, gather those ideas and bind it together to transform into a story. For example, I observe people very minutely, how they talk, how they walk, how they dress, how they react, because I believe our appearance speaks a lot about our personality. Because every person has some story to tell with their personality, and as a writer, my task is to decode those personalities into a satisfying story I guess.

Do you work on the outline or plot or you prefer to see where an idea takes you?

I prefer to follow my instinct or my mind because it always has some very strong words to narrate. I love to set my mind free to own its oasis of thoughts and experiences. I try to outline the character or the situation when I get stuck with my story, but my experiences of writing have taught me, that patience is the key to the world of wisdom.  

Any tips on how to get through the dreaded writers' blocks?

Give time to your mind, your existence, and have patience, it is the key as I said before. And if you were able to switch off your mind from your story you should do it, I do it all the time when I am stuck. When you return with a fresh conscious mind it will have fresh words to accomplish your obstacles. Because when you switch off your mind only the conscious mind follows your order, the subconscious mind keeps working on it without troubling your senses, thus when you return you find many ideas to cope up with it.

What can we expect from you down the line?

Right now I am working on a love story again, it will again be a novella like the “Together Never Forever” but it has a different flavor of love. And after that, I will free my mind again to wander and see what it brings with it.  

Author Bio:

Amit Singh is born in Patna, Bihar. His father is a retired police officer and he did not want Amit to experience the extra privilege life which police family gets in our society. He was in standard 4th when his father sent him in boarding, to CSKM Public School New Delhi; he stayed till 12th in the boarding. And later he went to Bengaluru to pursue MBA from Ramaiah Institute of Technology.

Amit is an entrepreneur. Since the time he has been a teenager, he had the mindset of “be a job creator instead of job seeker”. Writing is a passion for him. He always wanted to write and he uses scribble something on dairies. He started writing 4-5 years back. Writing means seeing the world from a different perspective, writing gives wings to his imaginations from where he experiences his life in the best possible way. Writing is a tool that introduces him to real Amit.

‘Tomorrow Never Forever’ happened because he felt love being compounded by the people around him or being misinterpreted. He wanted to tell his feelings about love to all. Love is the only way to experience the bliss
and satisfaction of our life and love has the power to make this world the best place to live.

Catch up with Amit Singh On: